Join me on "My Daily Walk"

I am far from perfect!! The love of God, my family, and my friends' make this crazy thing called life worth living.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

"What we did on vacation"....Part 6

Friday-Day 6:  Was our last full day of out of town vacation.  We got up and the girls' decided yogurt and fruit was more their speed for breakfast.  We did some laundry so we wouldn't be taking home any dirty clothes....YAY for the laundromat!!  We had watched a Travel Channel show of the best places to get BBQ so that determined our last day's activity.  We drove to Lockhart Texas...BBQ Capital of Texas to visit one of the places featured on the show.  On the way there we stopped at Taco Bell for lunch, one of the rare places we have at home that we decided to eat at anyway.  We arrived in Lockhart right at dinner time....and boy oh boy does the drive inside the city limits rock!!  The smell of BBQ assails you and all our mouths began to water.  We ate the most awesome brisket, cole slaw, and potato salad for dinner.  They had really great sweet tea too...had to take a glass to go.  Then we headed on home.....two more days of official vacation still remain but it sure was nice to get home and sleep in our own bed!!
Purty Court House....
Sign says it all....

Me and my sweethearts...

Throw back to simpler times....

Yummmmm.....
Last potty break of the trip....some of our rest areas are really cool

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am SAHM who home schooled her eldest child due to bully issues. We home schooled for four years and it worked out so well. I love to bake and try out new dishes. I love various types of music but, mostly listen to country and praise music. We have family movie and game nights so we love board games and movies. We have a hand full of shows we really enjoy on t.v. as well.