Join me on "My Daily Walk"

I am far from perfect!! The love of God, my family, and my friends' make this crazy thing called life worth living.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Wow life sure has been busy lately.....

I feel like I should type more but then there is always something as it is said that gets in the way.  I have lots on the calendar this month, guess it's count down to summer so time to get it all done.  This summer we are going to be keeping up with our walks (they have made me feel so good and I am down ten pounds WOO HOO), I have a follow-up women's bible study that I am fixing to start this week(loving the material so much I thought I knew but turns out there is more to learn thankfully), the last MOPS meeting of the year (so sad to see this year end as it has been so great getting to know so many new mom's), a mother/daughter tea tomorrow night (so excited to take Miss Diva to this), the last homeschool association meeting of the year (and the last for me personally as KK is almost done with her senior year SNIFF SNIFF), and then also this month is celebrate NSD (National Scrapbook Day) with a crop hopefully, and then I am also going on a big girls' over night slumber party in San Antonio to celebrate a high school girlfriend's upcoming wedding.  I will have an overnight retreat for the MOPS steering team sometime this summer (we had a blast last year, can't wait for this one). School gets out here on the 27th....we have VBS at our church (I am working in the Marketplace this year, KK is teaching again), Love Bug is attending at least two other VBS' at area churches, we are of course participating in the Library's summer reading program, the local family movie nights in the park, lots of park days, picnics, trips to the pool and river (gonna get a family pass to the pool this year since now that we moved across town we can walk there any day of the week).  There will be camp for Diva and of course weekly youth group with summer activities.  I am hoping to get back to scrapbooking more this summer and finish planning for the coming year of MOPS (only have one more craft to work on and the volunteer crafts and I will be done).  My girls' are looking for to some water fun and lazy summer days for sure.  We just over the last couple of evenings watching the Dr. Quinn movies (we want the episodes now) and Anne of Green Gables the Continuing Story (now I need to own the original and sequel).  Next up is the Christy series which I fortunately own all of on VHS.  I am so glad the older girls' are enjoying watching these with me as I love them so much.  I am also putting together a summer reading list for myself in the hopes of getting so quiet time at the library on one of DH's off days each week.  Top on that list is the Jennifer Rothschild book I have held onto for months now and haven't gotten to.  I would also love to read the Love Comes Softly series since I have seen some of the movies and really love them too.  Then there is the three months worth of magazines I hope to go through....plan to use the magazines for a MOPS craft next year, woo hoo I am multipurposing he he he.
DH is supposed to be starting a new men's bible study at church here pretty soon so we should all have plenty to do.  I am so looking forward to this time when we can be more relaxed.....watch movies, pop some popcorn, play games, and just be together with having somewhere we need to be!!!!!


Mood: Anxious (for summer that is)
Weather: 92 degrees and sunny (this summer is gonna be a whopper heat wise I think)
Music: None (just the hum of my ceiling fan)
Dinner: Some super yummy enchiladas (KK made them for us so we wouldn't have to cook)
Exercise: 2 1/2 mile walk this morning with 250 standing ab crunches (I am starting to tell the difference in my clothes)
Random Thought: Wonder if anyone even reads this blog anymore (he he he)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am SAHM who home schooled her eldest child due to bully issues. We home schooled for four years and it worked out so well. I love to bake and try out new dishes. I love various types of music but, mostly listen to country and praise music. We have family movie and game nights so we love board games and movies. We have a hand full of shows we really enjoy on t.v. as well.