Join me on "My Daily Walk"

I am far from perfect!! The love of God, my family, and my friends' make this crazy thing called life worth living.

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Wow what a busy summer we had...

Well the summer is finally over (can't you tell I am sad to see it go lol)...we just ended the first week of school.  This is the first year that all my girls' are in school.  I have one in Kinder, one in 5th, and a freshman in high school...I can't even believe it!!  They all had a great first week of school and it was really nice getting back into the "regular" routine.  They participated in six VBS' this year...they had a blast!  Plus the older two both went to camp (the oldest went to two)...the oldest has now been invited to join IgoGlobal next summer on a mission trip to Madrid, Spain to reach the lost for Christ.  I couldn't be more proud of her!!!  She has such a big heart and a great love for Christ, makes me so happy.  We did some swimming, I did lots of walking (was great while they were at VBS), we hung out with friends, my Busy Body had her first sleep over, and lots of playing outdoors.  The heat has been AWFUL, cannot wait for fall to come cool us down so we can truly enjoy that outside time.  My oldest is about to have her first baby any day now...can't wait to get my hands on that baby!!!!  DH's birthday is today and even though he had to work (pooh) we went to lunch, opened presents, and baked him a cake.  Now that the girlies are back in school land it was time for Momma to find something new to sink my teeth into...and what did the good Lord have in mind for me?  Heading up Women's Ministry at our church of course, He knows way better than I ever could what I should be doing with my time.  So far we have had a Potluck Dinner and an Ice Cream Social as some relaxing summer fun/fellowship.  Next week starts me trying to facilitate my first ever Bible study...while of course taking one at another church myself.  Bible study day is gonna be a seriously full one each week.  Lots of plans in the works for loads of things for our wonderful ladies to get involved in.  Two conferences coming up as well as a fall retreat.  I am so excited for the journey the Lord is gonna take us on and personally for this new season in our families life.


Music: Slide by: The Goo Goo Dolls
Dinner: AWESOME enchiladas made by my wonderful MILove
Weather: Finally cooling off...yay
Exercise: None
Mood: Full and happy
Random Thought: My guinea pigs are funny little creatures, they are squeaking at my cat




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am SAHM who home schooled her eldest child due to bully issues. We home schooled for four years and it worked out so well. I love to bake and try out new dishes. I love various types of music but, mostly listen to country and praise music. We have family movie and game nights so we love board games and movies. We have a hand full of shows we really enjoy on t.v. as well.