Join me on "My Daily Walk"

I am far from perfect!! The love of God, my family, and my friends' make this crazy thing called life worth living.

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Day 3...finally getting to this LOL





We of course had breakfast at the hotel then headed of to check out the USS Lexington.  I am not a big ship buff but, I will say I found it very interesting!  This day was more for DS than anyone else, he loves checking things like that out. Especially since his grandfather was a pilot and he has done loads of research on his time in the military.  After enjoying lunch at Dotz...a super cute 50's style diner/ice cream shop we hit the ship.  We did loads of climbing from deck to deck and saw how our troops lived while on ship.  After having a great snack at their Mess Deck cafe we decided to stick our toes in the sand at the small strip of beach there next to the Lexington. The water was a bit more cool than I would have dared get into but, the little girls' did wade in a bit.  After hanging ocean side for a bit we decided it was gift shop time.  We hit all of them we could see...we found some great gifts and bought some beach toys for our day there later in the week.  Everybody was starving so we headed to Chik-Fil-A for dinner....we don't have one here at home so we make a point of eating there while on vacation each year. We ended our day with a relaxing soak in the hotel's hot tub....ahhhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am SAHM who home schooled her eldest child due to bully issues. We home schooled for four years and it worked out so well. I love to bake and try out new dishes. I love various types of music but, mostly listen to country and praise music. We have family movie and game nights so we love board games and movies. We have a hand full of shows we really enjoy on t.v. as well.